Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Barnum Models His New Blue “Birthday Suit”

Cuz he shaved him naked a few weeks ago, see? And then it was his birthday….


Here’s the confluence of events: Winter arrived late. Thus deer sticks were still active. Barnum’s long, thick coat made attached ticks hard to find. Thus we shaved him down. I had a fleece coat from Gadget that I put on Barnum, but it didn’t stay on well because it was too small. I modified it unsuccessfully. With Barnum’s birthday was coming up it was the perfect time to buy him a new coat. I I gave Voyagers K9 Apparel Barnum’s measurements and requested they use “Sea Blue” polar fleece to make a “tummy warmer” for him.


Let the fashion show begin!



Barnum lying on red, rumpled quilt, front view. Blue fleece front piece is about four inches high - above his elbows and below his neck.

Lounging in bed: Front view




Barnum lies on the bed in his blue fleece, picture of his left side, his head up and turned toward camera.

Does this fleece make my head look big?




Barnum standing on the bed in blue fleece with a 4-5 inch panel across his chest and a swath that covers his whole back and then under his chest and waist.

Comfortable enough for a dog to check his Twitter stream in!




Barnum standing facing off the bed, showing the left side of the fleece outfit, looking over his shoulder.

It’s like I’m on the cat walk! (Though I’d prefer a cat chase.)



Two proofs that this coat is snuggly warm:


1. Barnum does not smoosh up against me in bed every night now. Often he does, but he will also sleep on his own bed or on another part of my bed. (And it was three degrees Fahrenheit when I went to sleep last night.)


2. When wearing the coat he went out and threw himself into the snow and rolled around, snorfled, and romped. Fortunately, the fleece is light and dries out very fast!


Happy winter, everybody!


- Sharon, the muse of Gadget, and Barnum, SD and Fashion Hound

No comments:

Post a Comment